Design and Technology
INTENT, IMPLEMENTATION AND IMPACT
· Pupils will develop key knowledge, language and an understanding of its meaning which they can readily apply to their work in DT and across the wider curriculum.
· Pupils will understand the expectations and the outcomes for each unit of work.
· Pupils will develop their perseverance to design, make, test, evaluate and amend their creations, seeing the rewards of sticking at something for its entirety.
· Pupils will develop core, analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills that can be used across the wider curriculum.
· Pupils will develop key life skills such as what makes a balanced diet as well as how to cook healthy staple meals for themselves.
They will also have the opportunity to:
· Visit buildings and places of interest, for example Durham Cathedral, to look at the architecture.
· Take part in an engineering project to develop a Go cart in Year 6.
· Take part in young engineer projects.
· Become increasingly familiar with Design career opportunities available in the workplace through visits and visitors.
lONG tERM pLANNING
DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY PROGRESSION OVERVIEW