INTENT, IMPLEMENTATION AND IMPACt
We have planned our Geography curriculum so there are opportunities for the children to learn about places across the world in a way that acknowledges their own experiences and builds on this throughout their school career.
In addition to the National Curriculum objectives, the geography curriculum at Broom Cottages Primary School is enriched with a range activities designed to enhance the learning experience of our pupils and increase their cultural capital by providing:
- Frequent opportunities for fieldwork.
- Trips to places of interest in the immediate locality.
- Visits to local coastlines and rivers.
- A trip to The Botanic Gardens in Durham.
- Opportunities to explore, discover and discuss our amazing planet and how we can preserve and protect it.
LONG TERM PLANNING
GEOGRAPHY PROGRESSION OVERVIEW