Personal Social Health Economic Education
PSHE education is fundamental to, and embedded in, the ethos of Broom Cottages Primary School.
We encourage all members of our school community to act with consideration for the safety and wellbeing of everyone.
The Core Themes of our PSHE teaching are:
- Health and wellbeing.
Living in the Wider World:
- Digital citizenship.
- Diversity and cohesion.
- Money and managing resources.
- Rights and responsibilities.
- Social action.
- Sustainability and the environment.
Health and Wellbeing includes learning:
- What is meant by a healthy lifestyle.
- How to maintain physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing.
- How to manage risks to physical and emotional health and wellbeing.
- Ways of keeping physically and emotionally safe.
- About managing change, such as puberty, transition and loss.
- How to make informed choices about health and wellbeing and to recognise sources of help with this.
- How to respond in an emergency.
- To identify different influences on health and wellbeing.
Relationships includes learning:
- How to develop and maintain a variety of healthy relationships, within a range of social/cultural contexts.
- How to recognise and manage emotions within a range of relationships.
- How to recognise risky or negative relationships including all forms of bullying and abuse.
- How to respond to risky or negative relationships and ask for help.
- How to respect equality and diversity in relationships.
Living in the Wider World includes learning:
- About respect for self and others and the importance of responsible behaviours and actions.
- About rights and responsibilities as members of families, other groups and ultimately as citizens.
- About different groups and communities.
- To respect equality and to be a productive member of a diverse community.
- About the importance of respecting and protecting the environment.
- About where money comes from, keeping it safe and the importance of managing it effectively.
- How money plays an important part in people’s lives.
- A basic understanding of enterprise.