INTENT, IMPLEMENTATION AND IMPACT - Reading
INTENT, IMPLEMENTATION AND IMPACT - Writing
The English curriculum at Broom Cottages is designed to foster a love of reading that will last a lifetime and enable all pupils to communicate effectively through their writing and spoken language. To achieve this, pupils:
- Explore and study texts which allow them to question, articulate and explore the work of a range of authors and illustrators.
- Follow the highly successful Read, Write Inc. programme when learning to read.
- Listen to stories daily, including traditional tales and nursery rhymes for our younger pupils.
- Perform and recite poetry and rhyme to parents, carers and the wider community.
- Have opportunities to develop an understanding of the world through a range of high-quality non-fiction texts.
- Meet and work with local authors.
- Visit libraries and theatres.
- Take part in writing competitions.
Long Term Planning
PROGRESSION OF SKILLS DOCUMENTS
The following documents are used to support planning for progression and assessment in reading and writing: