Consulting with senD pupils, parents and carers
Consultation with children and young people with send
Teachers/SENDCO and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs.
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers evenings;
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENDCO;
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have;
- Through regular reviews of their child’s SEND Support Plan/ EHC Plan.
Consultation With Children and young people with SEND
As part of our transition arrangements, we consult all children about the teaching strategies and support mechanisms that we have used throughout the year. We engage children with SEND to listen to their views as part of the review cycle.
SEND Information Report
- Our SEND Provision
- The kinds of SEND that are provided for:
- Our approach to teaching children and young people with SEND
- How we adapt the curriculum and learning environment for children and young people with SEND
- How we identify, assess and review children with special educational needs
- How children with SEND engage in all activities?
- How we evaluate the effectiveness of SEN Provision